Monday, October 14, 2013

Running is for the Dogs

No, not really. I just wanted a cute title to my post that had something to do with dogs, since this is a dog blog, after all. :)

I got my two running days in last week, and I even went on an extra walk on Sunday with both boys. On Monday, I took Swift with me for my run. It makes me so happy to see how much he loves it. When it's time to do the running part, he just takes off, with his ears flying back and a smile on his face. He's not a huge fan of the walking part. He's ready at any moment to put his little legs to work again!

Swift, ready and raring to go

I took Kool on Thursday. It didn't go quite as well as it did with Swift. I always thought Kool was a great leash-walker, but I think it was just because Swift is such a puller that Kool looks good in comparison. Kool drags behind me and sometimes just sits down and won't move. During the running intervals, I had to give him little tugs to keep him going. I felt like he was slowing me down. I've always known that Kool is a bit lazy and doesn't like to walk as much as Swift, so I was hoping to build his stamina a little bit. However, he is 10 years old, so I'm not sure that it's really the best thing for him. What do you think? He always seemed to do well when we went on our Adventureweiner hikes, but it's been a while since we've done those. I really want to build up all of our stamina so we're ready to hit it next summer.


"Whazzat?" Swift and Kool on our bonus walk





9 comments:

  1. I think you should do small increments with him (alone) and build him slowly up. If you want to run with him, I'd put him on a joint supplement. Actually, I'd do that with both the boys; Nola's been on one since she was 9 months.

    Nola's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Chester does the same thing with me running. It has gotten to the point that I can't take him with me if I plan to run any significant distance (intervals are ok though). However, he is still an enthusiastic hiker. We hiked 7 miles the other day and he was fine. He used to run with me a lot so I think his slowing down is age related. He IS 11 now after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheap jordan kors handbags
    http: //www.hotmichaelkorsbag. net/Your blog content is very detailed , people looked at a glance, which got a lot of reliable information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. college baseball jerseysYour blog content is very detailed , people looked at a glance, which got a lot of reliable information.

    www.mlbbaseballjerseycheapsale.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. michael kors totes about sale
    http: //www.michaelkorsbagcheap.com/Your blog content is very detailed , people looked at a glance, which got a lot of reliable information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oakley radar sunglasses advisor ordinary market retailer,Blog reflected in your life is very exciting, memorable , worthy of attention and study.

    http: //www.buyoakleysunglassess. net/

    ReplyDelete
  8. 両対面式 ベビーカーBlog reflected in your life is very exciting, memorable , worthy of attention and study.

    http: //www. babycombi. net/

    ReplyDelete
  9. cheap jordan kors handbagsBlog reflected in your life is very exciting, memorable , worthy of attention and study.

    http: //www.hotmichaelkorsbag. net/

    ReplyDelete